Recipe by Cathy Tedder
Chocolate and peanut butter you can't ask for a more delicious combination. The sugar used in this recipe is coconut palm sugar which has a low glycemic index which means it doesn't raise your blood sugar. This is important to diabetics and those who are looking to control their blood sugar.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made a double batch of these for a special event in our park, & of several recipes I made for it, I think these were received the most enthusiastically! Very, very nice, especially for those of us who like peanut butter! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line a ccokie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer, beat together egg, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat in peanut butter.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cooking sheet, pressing lightly with back of fork. Then press 3 chocolate chips on each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Take out of oven and cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!