Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chocolate and peanut butter you can't ask for a more delicious combination. The sugar used in this recipe is coconut palm sugar which has a low glycemic index which means it doesn't raise your blood sugar. This is important to diabetics and those who are looking to control their blood sugar.
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line a ccokie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer, beat together egg, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat in peanut butter.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cooking sheet, pressing lightly with back of fork. Then press 3 chocolate chips on each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Take out of oven and cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Made a double batch of these for a special event in our park, & of several recipes I made for it, I think these were received the most enthusiastically! Very, very nice, especially for those of us who like peanut butter! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]