1/3 Photos of Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These will be THE LAST peanut butter chocolate chip recipe you try! YUMM. These taste really sinful, but they are actually healthy for you. I adapted this recipe from the classic nestle one. (shh...I think these are even BETTER) They are very thick, soft, and chewy cookies and I promise you that NO ONE will be able to eat just one. I hope you enjoy baking (and eating) these as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like to use Ghirardelli)
- 1Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl; set aside.
- 2Beat butters, sugars, applesauce, and honey on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- 3Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 4Gradually beat in flour mixture, just until combined.
- 5Scrape down bowl (for flour buildup on the sides) and stir in chocolate chips.
- 6Set OVEN to 375ºF (If using dark or nonstick pan, lower temperature to 350ºF).
- 7Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft; cookies should NOT be browning yet.
- 9*optional: You can quickly chill dough or dropped cookie dough on baking sheets in the freezer 10-15 minutes before baking, for a thicker cookie.
- 10You can also position oven racks to top and bottom thirds of oven; halfway through baking, rotate cookie sheet top to bottom and front to back.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 70.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g