Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
These will be THE LAST peanut butter chocolate chip recipe you try! YUMM. These taste really sinful, but they are actually healthy for you. I adapted this recipe from the classic nestle one. (shh...I think these are even BETTER) They are very thick, soft, and chewy cookies and I promise you that NO ONE will be able to eat just one. I hope you enjoy baking (and eating) these as much as I do.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like to use Ghirardelli)
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl; set aside.
- Beat butters, sugars, applesauce, and honey on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture, just until combined.
- Scrape down bowl (for flour buildup on the sides) and stir in chocolate chips.
- Set OVEN to 375ºF (If using dark or nonstick pan, lower temperature to 350ºF).
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft; cookies should NOT be browning yet.
- *optional: You can quickly chill dough or dropped cookie dough on baking sheets in the freezer 10-15 minutes before baking, for a thicker cookie.
- You can also position oven racks to top and bottom thirds of oven; halfway through baking, rotate cookie sheet top to bottom and front to back.
These are soo good! I used all organic ingredients and loved the batter so much it was hard to get it on the cookie sheets. The chilling of the batter really helped also. Thanks!
This recipe deserves more attention! I did change a couple things because of what I had on hand, and they were still amazing...moist, soft, delicious:). I did not have any brown sugar or honey, so I used the 1/2 c white sugar, plus 1/2 c agave nectar, then added a little more flour (about 1/4 c extra) to balance out the extra liquid. I didn't even have any chocolate chips to add to these, but next time I certainly will - I am sure they will be even more delicious. Thanks for posting!
These cookies are just plain FANTASTIC!!! Hearty, chewy, great peanut butter flavor and chocolate chips make everything taste good. Oh and by the way the kids loved them too :)