1/1 Photo of Healthy Peanut Butter, Banana Snack
I just came up with this recipe while trying to figure out what to do with some wheat germ I had. I must say, it's pretty tasty (although I love peanut butter on just about anything!!). This would be a good, healthy snack for kids. Wheat germ is a good source of Vitamin E and Folic Acid. * edit - I've just tried it using Grape Nuts cereal instead of the wheat germ and it is really good as well, so I am listing it as an optional ingredient. Of course the Grape Nuts are a whole lot crunchier than the wheat germ.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the banana into bite sized pieces.
- 2Smear the top of each slice with peanut butter.
- 3Dip the peanut butter top into the wheat germ.
- 5* Or you could do like I did and peel the banana most of the way, take a butter knife and smear the top with peanut butter. Then dip it into the wheat germ and bite.
- 6Repeat until all that's left is the peel. Hey, it's quicker that way. :).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Peanut Butter, Banana Snack
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 10.6 g