Recipe by MariaCBarton
Tasty little cookies with no added fat or sugar - these are so guilt-free, they can be eaten for breakfast. Adapted from theskinnyfork.com's Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
Top Review by 760494
I agree with the other reviewer who said these cookies were terrible. They were bland. I mean, they had all the subtle flavors from the ingredients, but overall, they tasted like lumps of bland oats. Nothing stood out. I do feel like I wasted my ingredients.
- 1 cup mashed bananas or 2 ripe bananas
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (natural if you have it)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas with a fork and mix in peanut butter, apple sauce, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in oats and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoon onto a non stick cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper or sprayed with non-stick spray). I use a small cookie scooper.
- Flatten a bit to shape the cookie (they don't rise or spread at all when baking).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy!