Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From www.gingerbreadbagels.com. I am making these tonight, but needed to get the nutritional information. I left out the cinnamon, but added it to the recipe. This recipe does not have any oil, butter or pounds of sugar. In fact there’s only 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- 354.88 ml quick-cooking oats
- 59.14 ml packed light brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large mashed banana
- 59.14 ml creamy peanut butter
- Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon.
- Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together.
- Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch metal baking pan. Bake at 350 F degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Yummm...I really like these. I'm not gonna lie, they do taste healthy, but in a good way. Just sweet enough to be enjoyable and just the right balance of PB and banana flavors. I had to bake mine for about 35 mins., I used two smaller bananas that were on the edge. I'm looking forward to having one for breakfast with coffee. Thanks for posting the recipe.
I absolutely love this recipe, I found it on pinterest about a year ago and have made it several times since! They are so easy and quick to make! These are about 120 calories per square (and the squares are big!), are high in protein and fiber, and low in sugar and fat. I love to eat them for breakfast or as a post work-out snack. If you want to make them a little more yummy drop a few spoonfuls of strawberry jam on top before baking and they become PB&J bars! YUM!
These are really good. I added in some ground flax seed and raisins to make them even healthier.