Recipe by Lyssie71
From www.gingerbreadbagels.com. I am making these tonight, but needed to get the nutritional information. I left out the cinnamon, but added it to the recipe. This recipe does not have any oil, butter or pounds of sugar. In fact there’s only 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Yummm...I really like these. I'm not gonna lie, they do taste healthy, but in a good way. Just sweet enough to be enjoyable and just the right balance of PB and banana flavors. I had to bake mine for about 35 mins., I used two smaller bananas that were on the edge. I'm looking forward to having one for breakfast with coffee. Thanks for posting the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the quick cooking oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, kosher salt and ground cinnamon.
- Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together.
- Then add in the mashed banana and peanut butter. Combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 inch metal baking pan. Bake at 350 F degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!