Recipe by Loves2Teach
These muffins are a hit as a snack, or a light dessert. Freeze them up to one month; thaw in the refrigerator overnight, or defrost in the microwave.
Top Review by Aunt Dawn
This is a very tasty and healthy muffin. Always looking for a healthy snack. The peanut butter with the banana makes it extra special. My husband loved them and he doesn't care for banana bread or muffins. This is a keeper!
- 2 cups shreds wheat bran (like kellogs all-bran)
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cereal and milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl;make a well in center of mixture Stir banana and next 3 ingredients into cereal mixture; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks Topping: Combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut butter and peanut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles small peas.