Recipe by HulaHealthPrincess
These are wonderful to snack on when you got the munchies for something sweet. The peanut butter is very satisfying, and its very healthy.
Top Review by Dobergirl
I make these gluten free, no wheat bran, and they are excellent. I also use smooth peanut butter. I plan on adding rice bran when I find some to add more fiber. Both my son and I are have celiac and fiber is a must in our diets. My husband who is not celiac loves them too. They are easy to make. I toss the ingredients in my mini food possessor and whips up quick. I used a 1/2 teaspoon scoop and made the balls. I got almost 20 of them. I also think they would make a great filling for in between two crackers!
- 1⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients into food blender in the order listed.
- Turn on and blend until mixture is evenly mixed and crumbly looking.
- Use a small melon ball scoop to make the peanut butter balls. Push the peanut butter mixture in there so its nice and compact like brown sugar.
- Put onto a plate or in a container and put in the fridge. You can eat them right away but they are really good after they've sat in the fridge for a little while. Enjoy!
- You can also use creamy peanut butter, but I'm a crunchy kinda gal. Also you can roll the balls in additional wheat germ for an even crunchier ball.