Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I was told by my doctor to lower my cholesterol and started incorporating Oatbran into my diet. By making this simple change at breakfast I lowered my cholesterol 21 points in 3 months. Now I eat it because I love it. I use soymilk in the recipe but low-fat and skim milk are okay too. Also, I prefer "DelMonte" Carb-Cutter Peaches, as they have no added sugars.
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup soymilk (I use 8th continent light vanilla)
- 1 cup sliced peach
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- ground cinnamon
- Combine oatbran and soymilk and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Let stand for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top and stir.
- Add sliced peaches and walnuts, mix well.