Incredibly easy and healthy pasta salad! I put this together last night for a nice, light dinner along with yogurt. Enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces pasta (The shell-shaped ones work best)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup fresh corn kernels or 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup dried lima beans, , sprouted (, or any other white beans)
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 spring onion, bulb of,cut into thin rings
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1Bring a pot of 1 1/2 cups water (lightly salted) to a boil.
- 2Add pasta and cook for about 5-8 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- 3Drain and refresh with cold water.
- 4In another pot, add corn, lima beans, mung beans, salt, 3/4 cup water and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce flame and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- 6Drain and cool.
- 7In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, onion rings and the cooked corn and beans mixture.
- 8Season with basil, chili flakes and salt (as needed) and let it sit for a while.
- 9Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the cooked pasta and mix well.
- 10Toss with the veggies in the large bowl and serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Pasta Salad with Corn and Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1273.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 9.4 g