Recipe by xpbowling
A healthy pasta salad that I created by myself! It's made with whole wheat pasta and a mix of vegetables. If you don't have a local Trader Joe's, the Hodgepodge consists of broccoli, water chestnuts, carrots, red bell peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, sugar snap peas, and onions. This can be made even more low calorie with a lighter dressing. Makes 1 quart, four 1-cup servings.
- 4 ounces whole wheat rotini
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (Trader Joe's Harvest Hodgepodge Vegetables)
- 2 tablespoons creamy Italian dressing
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, thaw vegetables (I usually put the desired amount on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel, and heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes).
- When pasta is done, strain and immediately rinse with cold water until no longer warm. Let excess water drain off for about 1 minute.
- Place pasta in a quart-sized container. Add vegetables.
- Pour dressing over the top and mix thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Best when chilled for at least an hour and will last for a few days in the refrigerator.