Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great and nutritious party salad-even for vegetarians!
Make and share this Healthy Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 24 ounces whole wheat fusilli
- 1⁄2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄4 ounces black olives (Whole or halved)
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Boil pasta until al dente (about 10 minutes.).
- Add tablesppon of salt and tablespoon of olive oil.
- Drain pasta after fully cooked.
- Let pasta cool.
- Add bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, onions, and olives.
- Add dressing, toss, and serve!
- Dressing might need to be added later.
This is a very yummy pasta salad! I love its simplicity and that its so easy to prepare.
I scaled this back to 6 oz of pasta and changed the broccoli to spinach because thats all I had on hand. I probably added a bit more veggies than called for but thats just personal preference. Next time Im making this I would add some black pepper and maybe fresh herbs, but its great as it is, too.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH for sharing your recipe here with us, born with a whisk!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Spring 2012.
Great salad! All I had was whole wheat penne and I left out the olives (don't like them). I'll be eating on this for a couple of days (which is nice also). Made for PAC Fall 2009.
I'm REALLY excited about trying this recipe as I'm on Weight Watchers and truly miss my pasta! It sounds yummy!!