Recipe by Brenda.
A quick, fresh tasting weeknight meal ready in under 20 minutes!
Top Review by cookiedog
This was so easy to put together and sure to be a crowd pleaser! Don't be put off by the anchovy paste, it tastes wonderful! I substituted regular thin spaghetti for the whole wheat. This is going into my favorites cookbook!
- 8 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, preferably no salt added
- 3⁄4 cup fresh arugula, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium flame. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste, oregano and crushed red pepper to the skillet, and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the arugula and simmer for 1 minute more, until the greens wilt slightly.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the skillet, tossing it with the sauce to combine. Top with grated cheese.