1/1 Photo of Healthy Pasta Puttanesca
A quick, fresh tasting weeknight meal ready in under 20 minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, preferably no salt added
- 3/4 cup fresh arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- 2While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium flame. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3Add the parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste, oregano and crushed red pepper to the skillet, and saute for 2 minutes more.
- 4Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the arugula and simmer for 1 minute more, until the greens wilt slightly.
- 5When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the skillet, tossing it with the sauce to combine. Top with grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Pasta Puttanesca
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 371.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 12.7 g