Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A quick, fresh tasting weeknight meal ready in under 20 minutes!
- 8 ounces thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, preferably no salt added
- 3⁄4 cup fresh arugula, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium flame. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the parsley, olives, capers, anchovy paste, oregano and crushed red pepper to the skillet, and saute for 2 minutes more.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the arugula and simmer for 1 minute more, until the greens wilt slightly.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and add it to the skillet, tossing it with the sauce to combine. Top with grated cheese.
This was so easy to put together and sure to be a crowd pleaser! Don't be put off by the anchovy paste, it tastes wonderful! I substituted regular thin spaghetti for the whole wheat. This is going into my favorites cookbook!