Recipe by susie cooks
I am posting this for ZWT 2006. This is from a Canadian website. It sounds wonderful, especially with the kiwi! This will make 2 large parfaits or 4 smaller. Or make it in a large glass bowl to share!
Top Review by Debber
Had this for lunch with DD, and we really enjoyed it! And plenty of leftovers for the kids' afterschool snack, too....and passed that crowd with flying colors! Highly recommended!
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla bean seeds
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup crunchy granola cereal
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the raspbery sauce, recipe follows. Cool slightly.
- Combine the yogurt with the honey, vanilla seeds, and cinnamon.
- Toss the fruit together gently.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of raspberry sauce into each parfait glass.
- Follow with half the granola, half the yogurt and half the fruit mixture. Repeat the layers and garnish with the almonds.
- Raspberry Sauce:.
- Whisk together the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the raspberries, apple jelly, and cornstarch mixture,
- Bring to a boil, stirring constsntly for 1 minute, or until thickened and the consistency is glossy.