Recipe by Lindsey_Marie
These pancakes are simple, light, fluffy, and delicious! They taste so good but no one knows they are healthy. My whole family enjoys them from my dad to my youngest niece. The kiddies never complain, and even request these! You can add whatever you want to the recipe as well: chocolate chips, blueberries, apples n' cinnamon, oatmeal, anything you like! Also tastes great with a little peanut butter on top and some syrup. Or just eat um' plain...
Top Review by carrie
love that the applesauce replaces the oil...but the result is dense pancakes. also, not sweet enough. i added strawberries and without those, there would have been no flavor to speak of.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add flour, egg, milk, sauce, sugar, powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix well. You may want/need to add a little more flour or milk based on the consistency you want.
- Add in any extra goodies and cook over med heat griddle.
- Makes about 6-8 pancakes. I usually double batch to feed my large family. But, if you make smaller pancakes, you get a lot.