Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not sure where I originally found this recipe, but have made some changes to it over time. It's something I feel very good about serving to my family because it's so healthy, but they love pancake mornings too! I use organic ingredients, but you could use nonorganics as well.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup organic flour
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups organic milk
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1⁄8 cup oil (I use a blend of canola, soy, and olive oil.)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- applesauce or syrup
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine all moist ingredients.
- Pour moist ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour into heated pan (sprayed with cooking spray) and cook each side until browned.
- We usually eat these topped with applesauce, but can be eaten with syrup just as well.
Good starter for recipe, I added a scoop of 45g Protein Powder into the ingredients. Probably could have substituted 1/2 c. of flour for whole grain flour to make it even healthier. Loved it!!