1/2 Photos of Healthy Oven Hash Browns
These are the best hashbrowns I've ever had and it's hard to believe they are healthy and vegan! Nice and creamy. It's a great recipe to make ahead of time. It's easy to make in bulk and freeze for future use. These potatoes can also be made into patties before baking. Just form into patties on a cookie sheet instead of spreading them out, and bake the same. Remove from the oven when patties are golden brown on the bottom. May use purchased frozen potatoes, but make sure they are free of unhealthy hydrogenated oils. If you make them from home-cooked potatoes, it works best if potatoes are slightly undercooked. Cooking time doesn't count shreading and pre-cooking hashbrowns if using fresh potatoes. Recipe came from 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend cashews and water or coconut milk with seasonings for at least 1 minute until smooth.
- 2Pour over potatoes and add the diced onion. Mix well with hands to coat all the potatoes. May freeze some of the uncooked mix for future use.
- 3Place on a nonstick or lightly oiled cookie sheet and place on bottom rack of unheated oven. Turn on the oven to 400 degrees F and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown on the edges and lightly browned in places on the bottom. NOTE: Don't overbake, or they will become dry.
- 4Pile in a serving dish to retain some of the moisture and serve. The serving dish may be covered and placed in a warm oven. Don't leave them warming for more than 20 minutes or they will begin to discolor.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Oven Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raw cashew nuts
vegetarian poultry seasoning