Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe because it uses NO OIL, making it the most guilt-free french fries recipe that I know of. It has been scaled down for 1-2 people. Try adding ground red pepper if you like your fries spicy.
- Combine the beaten egg white, paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- Cut the potato into 1/2" spears.
- Toss the potatoes with the coating mixture.
- Line a cookie sheet with non-stick foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Arrange the potato spears in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Spray the potatoes with a light layer of cooking spray.
- Dust with additional salt or paprika if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minute.
Very good. I have made these several times. I pretty much try to live a weight watchers lifestyle and these fit right in.
These are pretty good! Certainly not a "fry", but a good oven potato nonetheless. Be careful not to let the egg white get too thick anywhere; that happened for me and it made for a strange texture (like scrambled egg). Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
i love them yummy i did not spray oil over top because i wanted fat free they came out good