Recipe by ShaGun
Little pumpkin pies for the healthy and diabetic. I got this recipe when entertaining a diabetic friend and found it to be quite yummy myself! This comes from "Delicious Ways to Control Diabetes Cookbook."
- 1 cup oatmeal cookie, crushed (5 cookies, Can use sugar-free)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted (can use reduced-fat)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free cool whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cookie crumbs and margarine. Spray 4 (4-inch) tartlet pans. Sprinkle flour over bottoms of pans. Press crumb mix into bottoms and 3/4 way up sides of pans. Bake at 375 for 5 minute
- Combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, egg, orange juice, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into crusts. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Let cool.
- Top with 1 Tablespoon Cool Whip.