1/1 Photo of Healthy Orange Marmalade Muffins
Janie Marie's Note:
These are a great healthy alternative with only 127 calories each. I found this on the Biggest Loser website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 295.73 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 236.59 ml oat bran or 236.59 ml wheat bran
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml orange marmalade
- 59.14 ml reduced fat margarine or 59.14 ml light butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten (or 2 equivalent in Egg Beaters egg substitute)
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml chopped toasted pecans
- 177.44 ml blueberries (optional)
- 1Place the flour, bran, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl, and stir to mix well. Set aside.
- 2Place the milk, marmalade, margarine/butter, egg whites and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to mix well. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the pecans or blueberries, if desired.
- 3Coat the bottoms only of muffin cups with non stick cooking spray (I just sprayed the whole thing.go wild!), and fill 3/4ths full with the batter. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes (I used frozen berries and it took a couple of minutes longer) or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean (I actually just lightly push the tops.if they bounce back they're done). Be careful not to overbake.
- 4Remove the tins from the oven, and allow to sit 5 minutes (yeah right). Refrigerating any leftovers not eaten in 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Orange Marmalade Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.8
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 73.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g