Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple, simple, simple - that's all I have to say!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- sea salt
- black pepper
- parsley flakes
- garlic powder
- In dutch oven or large covered pot saute onions and minced garlic in olive oil (I use the minced garlic in the jar).
- Add ground beef and cook until done.
- Add green chilies and corn and season to taste.
- Spread uncooked egg noodles on meat mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of noodles.
- Pour diced tomatoes and tomato sauce on top of noodles.
- Sprinkle with more seasonings.
- Turn stove to low and simmer for 1 hour or until noodles are cooked.
This has a 5-star taste however, simmering this on the stove for an hour caused the meat layer to burn at the bottom of the pot. The rest of the layers were great. I'll make this again but will bake it in the oven.