Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I've used for a while, and when I started WW, I tweaked it a bit to get it a little healthier!
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour or 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 1 eggs or 59.14 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add in applesauce, egg and vanilla.
- Mix until completely blended. You may need to finish mixing with your hands.
- Shape into balls the size of walnuts. Place on a greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 11-13 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then remove cookies to baking rack to finish cooing.
I thought these were wonderful...didn't taste diet-y at all! I made the recipe as written with one substitution...my nutmeg seems to have grown legs and retreated, so I just used a bit of clove. Turned out soft on the inside, with crispy edges. I'd serve these to a non-dieter....DH loved them! And they made the house smell wonderful. Will be making these often, thanks so much for sharing!
Nasty, nasty, nasty. Too sweet and I can definitely taste the artificial sweetness of the Splenda. Don't waste your time or ingredients making these cookies. Perhaps oatmeal raisin cookies aren't supposed to be healthy. Really miss the buttery taste of the fatty version.
I did not think theses tasted good at all. I bake the 1st batch, tasted the cookies when one and threw the rest of the batch in the garbage