Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in an old Pillsbury cookbook. It is packed with whole grains for a healthy breakfast or anytime snack.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine all wet ingredients; blend well.
- Stir in dry ingredients, just until moistened. Stir in raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pans.
had an odd sour taste. Wouldn't make them again
Great recipe!!! Super easy to make! I love the fact that the sugars in this recipe are all natural. (From the dates, raisins & applesauce.) Couldn't find pre-made date syrup, so I found a recipe and made my own. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious and moist. Not too sweet. I'm able to substitute the egg with a flaxseed mixture. Next time, I'll add a little vanilla, but otherwise these were great. Thank you!