Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I created this recipe with my daughter after a conversation with my sister, Meagan, about her idea of a perfect oatmeal cookie. This is a cookie you can feel good about giving your kids. They are very moist and fluffy and taste even better the days after being baked. These are very adaptable so feel free to substitute chocolate chips and a bit of lemon zest for the raisins or add some cranberries and sliced almonds for some added fun!
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml applesauce
- 59.14 ml flax seed meal
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml old fashioned oats
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 9.85 ml cinnamon (I let my 3 yr old shake in as much as she wants)
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together butter, applesauce and brown sugar.
- add flax seed meal and vanilla.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour, oats, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Mix until fully incorporated then mix in raisins.
- Place spoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
So Delicious!!!!! I did make some changes. This basically became a game of what do I have in my kitchen. I only had 1/4 cup of butter so I substituted the rest with applesauce. I only had 1.5 cups of rolled oats so I substituted 1/2 cup of quick oats. I only had 1/2 cup of brown sugar so I added 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup. I also only had sultanas. These cookies turned out amazing! Moist and tasty! I will definitely be making this again.
very yummy! I love recipes w flax. so good for you! the only thing I changed was switching the measurments so less butter, more applesauce and half sugar half agave nectar. thank you for sharing your recipe!
Yum, yum, yum! These are addicting and not so bad for you! Very moist. I did not have any flax seed meal, but they still turned out great. Thanks for such a great recipe!