Recipe by missmanda
These muffins taste just like oatmeal-raisin cookies, yet they are low in fat and sugar. They are so moist and satisfying, and make a great breakfast muffin or snack.
Top Review by kellychris
These have an AWESOME taste! I used an egg in place of the applesauce, but for some reason they ended up getting very hard on the outside. I will adjust the baking temp and/or time and try again. made for Spring PAC,2011.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stir milk, Eggbeaters, and applesauce together in a small bowl, then stir in oatmeal. Let mixture sit for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Add raisins and stir to coat.
- Add oat mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray, then fill 9 cups level with batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 - 22 minutes.