Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
These golden muffins have flavour mixtures of oatmeal and peanut, with the sweetness of raisins. These are not a particularly sweet muffin - perfect for breakfast, snack or a healthy desert.
Top Review by Outta Here
These had a nice crunchy outside, and not too sweet, which is the way I like them! I subbed Splenda for the brown sugar, but used the molasses. I skipped the raisins, but added 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts. Would also be good with dried cranberries or cherries instead of raisins. Thanks for posting this one!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats or 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flours, oats, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg, molasses, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until almost combined; add in raisins and continue to mix until just combined.
- Place an even amount of batter in to 12 medium muffin cups.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Let stand in tins for 5 minutes, then remove and place muffins on a rack to cool.
- Serve warm.