Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are very good between meals and not so unhealthy at all! I my self don't bake them for to long if they are small because they are better (IMO) if they are a bit soft. So they are supposed to be "hard" to remove from your baking sheet when taken out.. use a knife and it will be easy. It is also important to take them of the sheet as soon as possible and turn them around. This is just like I do them, feel free to add dry fruit or nuts as I know that other people have done so with success bon appetit
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄3 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or less)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (NOT olive)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups instant oats
- 1 cup granola cereal (without raisins and nuts)
- Turn your oven on 390°F (200°C).
- Mix: flour, germ, bran, b.soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Put all the sugar along with the butter and the oil in another bowl and stir (machine) them together until light and firm.
- Then add one egg at a time and keep "stirring" until you cannot feel the sugar in the mix.
- Mix 1 and 2 together in the larger bowl.
- Mix in the oats and granola.
- Make small balls from the dough way smaller then golf balls, imagine two teaspoon (regulation) put together, that is about the size I make.
- Bake at 390°F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes ( if bigger than mine please bake longer or until they are a little bit soft on touching and not to light in color.