Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a variation of a cookie recipe I love, just to give credit where credit is due... The Kind Diet's Oatmeal, Walnut and Dried Plum cookies. They are delicious but a lot of sugar so I tried another version and I think they are just as yummy!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup plain soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces natural applesauce, single serving cup
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (or 325 convection oven). Line 3 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Wisk together wet ingredients.
- Fold in dry to wet and stir until moist. If batter is too dry add a little more applesauce.
- Use small ice cream scoop to make cookies.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Transfer to baking rack and cool.
- I throw them into a ziploc bag and just grab 2 out of the freezer whenever the mood hits me. I use them for the kids lunches too and they love them!
- VARIATION: I basically make the same recipe but with dairy free chocolate chips instead of walnuts and omit molasses and maple syrup. We live on those! I love stocking up the freezer on Sundays. :).
Great healthier cookie, didn't have molasses so I omitted it, loved the natural sugar and maple syrup flavors, will try to reduce amounts of each by half next time because it was plenty sweet