Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Ocean Spray flyer I found in my odd collection of clipped out and saved recipes. I made these years ago and found them to have a nice hearty texture and a great balance of flavor between the tartness of hte cranberry sauce and the sugars. I hope you like them too.
- 236.59 ml baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 473.18 ml oatmeal (rolled oats or old fashioned oats)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml oil
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml jellied cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease or line with papers a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Combine baking mix, oatmeal, brown sugar, & cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, oil and milk in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/3 full with batter then spoon 1/2 tablespoon cranberry sauce into the center of each cup (be careful not to get in near the edges).
- Top with enough batter to cover the sauce.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (do not overbake).
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
This was an unusual recipe for me, I made them to the recipe and I think they are very good not too sweet just nice to have with a cup of tea. I liked the bit in the middle, it's a good idea, I hate when all the good bit's are in the bottom you enjoy it better when you can have a juicy bit when you bite into it, 5 stars from me I would give it more if I could. It's one to keep in the cake tin for visitors, Made for breast awareness 09
I really liked these muffins...I would rather have somehow had the cranberry flavor mixed throughout though, and not just a glob in the middle. When I was making them I was afraid that the batter was looking too "oat-y" but they were delish. Thanks for posting! Made for Photo Tag.