Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
In a quest to eat healthier, I developed this recipe. My husband and I have a big sweet tooth, so instead of fighting the urge, we decided to go for a healthy option. I make these cookies every Sunday night and they serve as my breakfast and his dessert through the week.
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular
- 2 egg whites (or one whole egg)
- 236.59 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour (or any whole grain flour)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 2 old-fashioned oatmeal or 2 quick oats
- 158.51 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional)
- 118.29 ml unsweetened baking chocolate (optional) or 118.29 ml dark semisweet chocolate chunk (optional)
- Mix Splenda, Egg whites, Applesauce and Vanilla together.
- Add Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg.
- Stir in Oatmeal, Cranberries, Nuts, and Chocolate.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (if you do not have parchment paper, spray cookie sheet with cooking spray).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Special Note: Depending on what kind of flour you use, you may need to use more applesauce. If, after adding the oatmeal, the batter seems dry, add applesauce.
- For a Change: Occasionally I like to also add 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips to this recipe.
awesome my kids loved them and my picky husband as well. will definately make again