This recipe was printed in my local paper, The Virginian-Pilot, on September 30, 2009. This recipe won 1st place at the Virginia State Fair (in the oatmeal cookies category.) It was submitted by Jan Tucker, of Virginia Beach. ** Note: Cookies have no cholesterol or saturated fat except for the nuts.
- 177.44 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml oatmeal
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml wheat germ
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 177.44 ml chopped dried apricot
- 118.29 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend first five ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix next 7 ingredients (dry ingredients).
- Stir a spoonful of flour mixture into fruit and nuts to separate fruit.
- Add dry ingredients to oil mixture, then stir in fruit and nuts.
- Drop 1 1/2 tablespoons onto parchment-paper-covered baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly on pan and then transfer to rack to cool completely before storing.