Recipe by Cat Hale
A fairly healthy cookie, could be made even healthier by using Splenda, I suppose. Heavy and chewy, they're great for a snack or breakfast on the go. Taste best after a day or so, if you can wait that long.
- 85.04 g unsweetened applesauce (4oz. cup, minus 2 table spoons)
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon (more if you like)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml old fashioned oats
- 118.29 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the applesauce and oil together with the sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add oats and raisins, stir.
- Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet, I make about 20 small ones, but you can make them as large as you like.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, they wont be as brown as usual, due to the applesauce instead of butter.