Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fairly healthy cookie, could be made even healthier by using Splenda, I suppose. Heavy and chewy, they're great for a snack or breakfast on the go. Taste best after a day or so, if you can wait that long.
- 3 ounces unsweetened applesauce (4oz. cup, minus 2 table spoons)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Mix the applesauce and oil together with the sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add oats and raisins, stir.
- Scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet, I make about 20 small ones, but you can make them as large as you like.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, they wont be as brown as usual, due to the applesauce instead of butter.
Good flavor and very tasty. Had to grease cookie sheet. Made for Spring PAC 09