Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
From Everyday Food, September 2007.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup dried currants or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, and stir to combine; mix in oats and currants.
- Using two tablespoons of dough per cookie, roll into balls; place on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
loved it. I used splenda and 2 eggs to make it stick together. Little dry but crunchy.