This is a recipe I created out of a need for a healthy low fat, high fiber breakfast option. This "cookie" is not very sweet. You can add more sugar if desired. Makes a great breakfast with a piece of fruit.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (not quick)
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt or 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl, combine oats and yogurt and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, honey and applesauce.
- Add flours, wheat bran, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add oatmeal and yogurt mixture and beat gently.
- Fold in carrots, raisins and pineapple.
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, scoop 1/4 cup of batter and flatten.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 mins until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.