Try these totally guilt-free, healthy cookies with only 5 ingredients... bananas, oatmeal, chocolate chips, and vanilla. This is a softer cookie, so it would make a great breakfast with an ice cold glass of milk!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork until no longer lumpy. If bananas aren't very ripe, a hand mixer may be used. Stir in oil, oats, chocolate chips, and vanilla.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- For each cookie, spoon about 2 tablespoons of cookie mixture (or more depending on how big you want the cookie) onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- **IF batter seems a little dry, add a little milk to moisten.
- Variations: Instead of chocolate chips add raisins or craisins. Chopped walnuts are great in these cookies. Or, try coconut oil instead of canola oil.
This was just the recipe I was looking for as a late night snack! They came out really yummy with a nice light banana aroma and flavor! I decided to add 2 tablespoons of honey instead of the chocolate chips and they came out just to my liking! Thank you for sharing :)
Love how quick and easy this was! Trying to find school snacks that are healthy and filling without nuts, so I added 1/3 cup of ground flaxseed, and for a flavor boost, I also added a pinch of salt and sprinkled with Turbinado sugar. Kids gave them 4 stars!
Absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing! I used coconut oil instead of the canola oil too. I also added a half cup of walnuts (all I had on hand). Great recipe on its own, but we are also looking forward to trying different ingredient combinations in the future. This makes a very soft cookie, so the nuts added a bit of crunch.