Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The chocolate in these is, technically, optional but really really the best with.
- 3 large frozen bananas (thawed and mashed)
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml oil
- 78.07 ml applesauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml oats
- 78.07 ml ground flax seed meal (optional)
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips (or other add-ons)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add the oil, brown sugar, apple sauce and egg to the mashed bananas and stir thoroughly.
- In a second bowl sift the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt together. Fold these ingredients into the wet mix.
- To the batter, add the oats, flax, and chocolate chips and fold evenly into the batter.
- Put desired amount of batter into lined muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
I made this as a bread excellent !!
Really tasty muffins grrlee. I used white whole wheat flour and 4 small bananas (since you specifically said large bananas). I also used the flax meal and I'm glad I did. It added a certain nuttiness. These were lighter than I would have expected with these ingredients. Thanks. A great breakfast treat!
An impressive healthier muffin. Very moist and full of flavor. I love the texture the oats added. Putting this recipe in the "make again" folder.