Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The chocolate in these is, technically, optional but really really the best with.
Make and share this Healthy Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large frozen bananas (thawed and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seed meal (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (or other add-ons)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add the oil, brown sugar, apple sauce and egg to the mashed bananas and stir thoroughly.
- In a second bowl sift the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt together. Fold these ingredients into the wet mix.
- To the batter, add the oats, flax, and chocolate chips and fold evenly into the batter.
- Put desired amount of batter into lined muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
I made this as a bread excellent !!
Really tasty muffins grrlee. I used white whole wheat flour and 4 small bananas (since you specifically said large bananas). I also used the flax meal and I'm glad I did. It added a certain nuttiness. These were lighter than I would have expected with these ingredients. Thanks. A great breakfast treat!
An impressive healthier muffin. Very moist and full of flavor. I love the texture the oats added. Putting this recipe in the "make again" folder.