The chocolate in these is, technically, optional but really really the best with.
Make and share this Healthy Oatmeal Banana Chocolate Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large frozen bananas (thawed and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seed meal (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (or other add-ons)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add the oil, brown sugar, apple sauce and egg to the mashed bananas and stir thoroughly.
- In a second bowl sift the flour, baking soda and powder, and salt together. Fold these ingredients into the wet mix.
- To the batter, add the oats, flax, and chocolate chips and fold evenly into the batter.
- Put desired amount of batter into lined muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.