Recipe by Me'Shell
I wanted big muffins that would keep me full until lunch time and that were healthy, but didn't want to use flour. So I came up with these low fat filling delights! These freeze well!
- 9 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or 1 cup fruit, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 6 jumbo muffin cups with no stick cooking spray.
- Separate eggs, only placing the whites in a large mixing bowl. Discard the yolks.
- Using a wire whisk, beat the eggs until frothy.
- Measure oatmeal and dump onto eggs.
- Let sit for a few minutes to let the oatmeal absorb some of the egg.
- Add the Splends cinnamon, vanilla and baking powder to the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Measure and add the blueberries; stir.
- Divide into the six jumbo muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- 2 muffins per serving!