Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I posted this recipe for DeSouter and want to share it here, too. It is an excellent and healthy breakfast bar. Enjoy it.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups apple juice (no sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mixed fruit, diced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mix oats, flour and apple juice in a large bowl until lumps are gone. Stir in cinnamon and raisins.
- Mix vanilla in warm water; add to oat mixture; mix well. Stir in bananas, diced apples, fruit medley and walnuts.
- Let stand 15 minutes and mix again.
- Spray an 8 inch square pan with cooking oil and lightly flour pan.
- Bake at 325ºF. for 1 hour. Cool and cut in bars.
- NOTE: you can add 2/3 cup applesauce instead of the two mashed bananas, if you like.