Recipe by AlexandriaAngel
Awesome creamy spring perfection!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
oh dear sorry didnt like this, think an instruction step was left out, I Assumed that you half fill the muffintins with batter, put the creamcheese mixture in and top up with remaining batter...they tasted fine but didnt 'set' properly..maybe creamcheese mixture should have been mixed in rather than a filling? Well, they did get eaten! but not my best, sorry.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup peeled chopped fresh peach, divided
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 12 muffin tins with non stick cook spray or olive oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl, reserving 1 tbs brown sugar.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Stir together cream cheese and reserved brown sugar.
- When well blended, fold in 1/4 cup peaches.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and egg to dry ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Lightly stir in remaining peaches and nuts.
- Spoon 3/4 of mixture in center of each, then.
- Spoon remaining batter over the top bake at 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Makes 12 muffins.