Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Awesome creamy spring perfection!
Make and share this Healthy Oat Peaches and Cream Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup oat bran
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup peeled chopped fresh peach, divided
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 12 muffin tins with non stick cook spray or olive oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl, reserving 1 tbs brown sugar.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Stir together cream cheese and reserved brown sugar.
- When well blended, fold in 1/4 cup peaches.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and egg to dry ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Lightly stir in remaining peaches and nuts.
- Spoon 3/4 of mixture in center of each, then.
- Spoon remaining batter over the top bake at 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Makes 12 muffins.