1 hr 40 mins
Mia in Germany's Note:
Nutella - healthy??!? Yes, if you make it yourself with natural ingredients! Cooking time is a guess because I found that cooking time for brown rice varies. Prep time includes soaking time. Addition: Rita's review made me aware of the fact that I forgot to mention that you have to roast the hazelnuts before grinding them into a paste!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak raisins in 1/4 cup water for about 1 hour.
- 2Roast hazelnuts in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes. Remove nuts from baking sheet and place on a tea towel. Rub them in the tea towel until most of the skins are removed.
- 3Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- 4While rice is cooking, drain raisins, reserving the water.
- 5Place raisins, hazelnuts, canola oil, cocoa powder and half of the soaking water in a food processor and process until smooth, adding the rest of the soaking water if necessary.
- 6Mix hazelnut paste and boiled rice, add 1 teaspoon honey if you want it sweeter.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Nutella Rice
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.0
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g