Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Nutella - healthy??!? Yes, if you make it yourself with natural ingredients! Cooking time is a guess because I found that cooking time for brown rice varies. Prep time includes soaking time. Addition: Rita's review made me aware of the fact that I forgot to mention that you have to roast the hazelnuts before grinding them into a paste!
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 1⁄8 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Soak raisins in 1/4 cup water for about 1 hour.
- Roast hazelnuts in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes. Remove nuts from baking sheet and place on a tea towel. Rub them in the tea towel until most of the skins are removed.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, drain raisins, reserving the water.
- Place raisins, hazelnuts, canola oil, cocoa powder and half of the soaking water in a food processor and process until smooth, adding the rest of the soaking water if necessary.
- Mix hazelnut paste and boiled rice, add 1 teaspoon honey if you want it sweeter.
I used brown basmati rice. I`m sorry but we just didn`t enjoy this. Sorry! Made for ZWT #8