Recipe by Sharon123
This special treat is naturally sweet and full of omega-3s. This was adapted from Jennifer White in the program Helping Your Child Eat Well on 3ABN. Enjoy!
Top Review by CoffeeB
These are really really good Sharon. I did omit the cashews and added more almonds. Plus I used ground flax instead of seed. I only got 12 walnut size balls. Made for Veg-n-Swap~
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dates
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond
- 1⁄3 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄4 cup raw walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated coconut (for rolling Chewies in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dates in water and bring water to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and set aside to let dates to soften. If your dates are really soft, you may skip this step.
- Meanwhile, grind the almonds in a food processor until fine. Add cashews and grind until fine. Add walnuts and grind until fine. Remove dates from water and add to food processor along with remaining ingredients and process until mixture is well combined.
- With your hands, form a ball using about 2 teaspoons of mixture at a time. Roll each ball in coconut. Serve and enjoy!