1/1 Photo of Healthy Nut Bars
Missy Wombat's Note:
From The Cook and the Chef ABC TV series starring Aussies Maggie Beer and Simon Bryant. This recipe belongs to Simon. This recipe had all of us drooling and my kids begging me to make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml puffed rice cereal or 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml sesame seeds
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut or 118.29 ml flaked coconut, toasted
- 118.29 ml toasted hazelnuts
- 118.29 ml dried apricot, diced
- 118.29 ml dried figs or 118.29 ml dates, diced
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds, toasted
- 118.29 ml pepitas, toasted
- 78.07-118.29 ml LSA (sunflower seed, almonds and ground linseed mixture)
- 236.59 ml golden syrup
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml tahini (optional)
- 1Lightly warm all the ingredients.
- 2Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl except the honey, golden syrup, tahini and the LSA.
- 3Add the honey, syrup, tahini and mix well together.
- 4Add 1/3 cup of the LSA and as much more to 1/2 cup as required to bind the mixture together then spread onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- 5Spread evenly and allow to set (20 mins in the fridge should do it). Warming the honey/golden syrup a little enables them to combine more easily and the LSA helps to bind the mixture.
- 6Cut into bars and eat just as they are or coat in chocolate.
- 7Chocolate dip: Melt 400g chocolate in a bowl over a water bath until the temperature of the chocolate mass is 43C, remove from water bath & fold in the 200g grated chocolate which should lower temp to 35C as it melts. The chocolate is now tempered and ready to use.(There is a 2-3 degree C window of variation working with chocolate.).
- 8***If your palate is more savoury try 3/4 cup tahini & ¾ cup of honey & omit the golden syrup.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.6
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: