Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fibre, chocolate, local honey. All three make for healthy bodies and yummy, filling snacks. This recipe is very forgiving, play with the ingredients and amounts. The setting time in the fridge is approximate. It depends on how much honey you use, keep in mind that these stay tacky to the touch.
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1) Combine milk, cocoa powder and honey in medium sized pot.
- 2) Slowly warm over medium heat until well combined and smooth.
- 3) Remove from heat, stir in peanut butter and stir until peanut butter has melted, add vanilla.
- 4) Stir in oats and grains.
- 5) immediately drop onto cookie pan lined with wax or parchment paper.
- 6) chill until set.