Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious low-fat muffins from Martha Stewart.
Make and share this Healthy Morning Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until there are no lumps.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Add oil, egg, milk, carrots, and banana and stir until blended.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 23 to 25 minutes.
These muffins had a great taste but were a bit dry. Thanks Jen :) Made for PAC Fall 2012