Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
these are almost fat-free and pretty good.
Make and share this Healthy Molasses Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup dried pitted prunes
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Puree the prunes and hot water in a food processor.
- Mix with the sugar, molasses, and egg on medium until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until a sticky batter forms.
- Wrap and refrigerate 2/3 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- Roll into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar, and bake for 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Prunes work great to make molasses cookies healthier. I make them all of the time with prunes and everyone loves them. Even the people who do not like fruit and vegetables, because they do not know that they are in there. Thanks for posting the recipe Holly. We have enjoyed this recipe over and over.