Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy soup of mixed vegetables. Recipe source is Jaypuri.blogspot.com
- 1⁄4 cup carrot
- 1⁄4 cup cauliflower
- 1⁄4 cup broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage
- 3 green beans, medium size
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or 2 teaspoons butter
- Heat oil in pan. I recommend canola oil because it has 0 Trans fat and 0 cholesterol.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Chop all vegetables fine. You can use a food processor to chop them. Put everything in soup except onions.
- Add salt. Stir fry for 4-5 minutes or until they look bright and done.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- In a bowl take 1/2 cup cold water and add corn flour in it. Add this mixture to soup.
- Bring it to boil again and add soy sauce, and chili powder. Boil till soup becomes thick and transparent.
- Finish the soup by adding chopped onions.
- Serve hot.